KC Water is happy to provide safe, clean, and great tasting tap water at public events in Kansas City, Missouri with our Water Bar. This Water Bar lets customers fill up their own cups and bottles with delicious tap water as many times as they please at no charge. The Water Bar is an important outreach tool that gives the public the opportunity to interact with KC Water employees and lets KC Water remind customers of the benefits of tap water.
The Water Bar is a 4-spigot self-service water bar. Customers need only a cup or bottle to fill up. The Water Bar connects to a fire hydrant and the water is run through a filter and chiller. Only designated KC Water employees can connect and disconnect the Water Bar from the water source. The water is the same tap water KC Water provides its customers each and every day.
How does it work?
- The Water Bar connects to a fire hydrant with special food-grade hosing, providing a constant supply of water.
- The high capacity carbon filter system uses granular activated carbon made from compostable coconut shell, housed in a stainless steel tank, and a 1 micron carbon block polishing filter. The water that flows from the Water Bar is the same water that flows from your kitchen tap!
- Coils and iced filters keep the water refreshingly cold even in the hottest weather.
- The Water Bar features 4 spigots to keep large crowds hydrated during outdoor public events.
The Water Bar is available for events with an estimated attendance of 1,000 people or more. Requests must be received at least 45 days prior to the event. We are happy to provide the Water Bar free of charge to approved applicants within the KC Water service area.
Organizations can request the water bar by submitting an application to KC Water Communications. No requests will be processed without an application. Organizations must meet certain criteria to be able to utilize the water bar at an event. Generally, the use of the water bar is only available from May through October.
Organizations inquiring about use of the water bar must complete the online form below to be met for consideration.
Application requests must be received at least 45 days prior to the event. KC Water will review the application for completeness and follow up with the event contact person if any further information is needed. If there are multiple requests for the same day, the application submitted the earliest, while still meeting the criteria, will be given the opportunity to have the water bar.
If the water bar is available for the requested date, KC Water will determine whether the organization/event meets the criteria for using the water bar, including whether the organization/event:
- Takes place completely within the city limits of Kansas City, Missouri
- Has an estimated attendance of at least 1,000 people
- Has a layout that includes a suggested location for the water bar that is within 20 feet of a fire hydrant. Due to the tripping hazard, extension hoses cannot be used to span a farther distance. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Can provide additional volunteers and equipment, including at least one or two tables, several chairs and ice
*KC Water reserves the right to deny any request.