(Kansas City, Mo.) – KC Water is here to help get your lawn ready for spring and summer.
Spring leaf and brush curbside collection begins Monday, April 10th. Customers are asked to collect their lawn debris in paper bags and set them by the curb by 7:00 a.m. on their regularly-scheduled trash day.
Here is the Spring 2017 schedule:
- Residents who live in NORTH Kansas City (from the Missouri River, north to the city limit) will receive curbside leaf and brush collection from April 17th – April 21st. Curbside collection will take place on your regularly-scheduled trash day.
- Residents who live in CENTRAL Kansas City (from the Missouri River, south to 63rd Street, but not including residents who live east of Blue Ridge Cutoff) will receive curbside leaf and brush collection from April 10th – April 14th. Curbside collection will take place on your regularly-scheduled trash day.
- Residents who live in SOUTH Kansas City (from 63rd Street, south to the city limit, as well as all residents who live east of Blue Ridge Cutoff) will receive curbside leaf and brush collection from April 24th – April 28th. Curbside collection will take place on your regularly-scheduled trash day.
Collecting this debris keeps storm drains clean and helps prevent street flooding.
Curbside Leaf and Brush Collection Rules:
- Sacks and bundles should be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the regularly-scheduled trash day.
- No more than 20 sacks and bundles per household.
- Sacks and bundles must not weigh more than 40 pounds each.
- Use only paper lawn debris sacks. No plastic bags.
- If you seal the sacks, use masking tape only; do not use plastic or duct tape.
- No grass clippings. No trash.
- All branches must be bundled. Branches must not be more than 3 inches in diameter.
- Bundles of branches must not be more than 2 feet in diameter and not more than 4 feet long.
- Use twine or jute rope to tie bundles; do not use wire or plastic tape.
- If wet weather is forecast, cover sacks and bundles with clear plastic.
If sacks and bundles are not collected on the scheduled trash day, residents must call the 311 Call Center within 24 hours. For questions or to report service-related issues, please call 311 or 816.513.1313.
More information about curbside leaf and brush collection can be found HERE.
For more information, please contact Brooke Givens, Media Relations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.513.0284.
KC Water maintains and operates water treatment and distribution systems, stormwater management systems, and wastewater collection and treatment systems for residential and business customers in Kansas City and for wholesale customers in the Kansas City area. KC Water is primarily funded by fees charged to customers based on their use or impacts on the three utility systems.